Member Terms & Conditions
BILL PAYING AGREEMENT/DISCLOSURE
The first six (6) months of Bill Payer service is FREE OF CHARGE. Costs thereafter are $5.00 per month with unlimited transactions.
This is your bill paying agreement with Stoneham ME Federal Credit Union, hereafter also known as "SMEFCU".
You may use SMEFCU's bill paying service, MY CU Bill Payer, to direct SMEFCU to make payments from your designated checking account to the "Payees" you choose in accordance with this agreement. The terms and conditions of this agreement are in addition to the account agreements, disclosures and other documents in effect from time to time governing your account (The Account Rules).
"You" or "Your" means each person who is authorized to use the service. "Payee" means anyone, including the Credit Union, you designate and the Credit Union accepts as a "Payee".
HOW TO SET UP PAYEES/PAYMENTS
* If you want to add a new "PAYEE", select the "Payee" tab located in your Bill Pay application or speak to a service representative.
* You may add a new fixed payment to a "Payee" by accessing the service and
entering the appropriate information. Most other additions, deletions, or changes can be made in writing or by using the service.
* The Credit Union reserves the right to refuse the designation of a "Payee" for any reason.
* You may pay any "Payee" with-in the United States (including U.S. territories and APOís / AEOís).
* The Credit Union is not responsible for payments that can not be made due to incomplete, incorrect, or outdated information.
THE BILL PAYING PROCESS
Single Payments - a single payment will be processed on the business day
(generally Monday through Friday, except certain holidays) that you designate as the paymentís process date, provided the payment is submitted prior to the daily cut-off time on that date. The daily cut-off time, which is controlled by the Credit Union, is currently 2:00 PM Eastern.
A single payment submitted after the cut-off time on the designated process date will be processed on the next business day. If you designate a non-business date (generally weekends and certain holidays) as the paymentís process date, the payment will be processed on the first business day following the designated process date.
Recurring Payments - When a recurring payment is processed, it is automatically rescheduled by the system. Based upon your selected frequency settings for the payment, a process date is calculated for the next occurrence of the payment. If the calculated process date is a non-business date (generally weekends and certain holidays), it is adjusted based upon the following rules:
* If the recurring paymentĎs "Pay Before" option is selected, the process date for the new occurrence of the payment is adjusted to the first business date prior to the calculated process date.
* If the recurring paymentís "Pay After" option is selected, the process date for the new occurrence of the payment is adjusted to the first business date after the calculated process date.
Note: If your frequency settings for the recurring payment specify the 29th, 30th, or 31st as a particular day of the month for processing and that day does not exist in the month of the calculated process date, then the last calendar day of that month is used as the calculated process date.
SINGLE AND RECURRING PAYMENTS
The system will calculate the Estimated Arrival Date of your payment, this is only an estimate, please allow ample time for you payments to reach your "Payees".
CANCELING A PAYMENT
A bill payment can be changed or cancelled, anytime prior to the cutoff time on the scheduled process date.
You agree to have available and collected funds on deposit in the account you designate in amounts sufficient to pay for all bill payments requested, as well as, any other payment obligations you have to the Credit Union.
* The Credit Union reserves the right, without liability, to reject or reverse a bill payment if you fail to comply with the above requirement or any other term of this agreement.
* If you do not have sufficient funds in the account and the Credit Union has not exercised its right to reverse or reject a bill payment, you agree to pay for such payment obligations on demand.
* You further agree the Credit Union, at its option, may charge any of your accounts with the Credit Union to cover such payment obligations.
The Credit Union reserves the right to change the cut-off time. You will receive notice if it changes.
* You are solely responsible for controlling the safekeeping of and access to, your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
* If you want to terminate another person's authority, you must notify the Credit Union and arrange to change your PIN. You will be responsible for any bill payment request you make that contains an error or is a duplicate of another bill payment.
* The Credit Union is not responsible for a bill payment that is not made if you did not properly follow the instructions for making a bill payment.
* The Credit Union is not liable for any failure to make a bill payment if you fail to promptly notify the Credit Union after you learn that you have not received credit from a "Payee" for a bill payment.
* The Credit Union is not responsible for your acts or omissions or those of any other person, including, without limitation, any transmission or communications facility, and no such party shall be deemed to be the Credit Union's agent.
* In any event, the Credit Union will not be liable for any special, consequential, incidental, or punitive losses, damages, or expenses in connection with this agreement or the service, even if the Credit Union has knowledge of the possibility of them.
* The Credit Union is not liable for any act, failure to act or delay in acting if it is caused, in whole or in part, by any cause beyond the Credit Union's reasonable control.
The Credit Union has the right to change this agreement at any time by notice mailed to you at the last address shown for the account on the Credit Union's records, by posting notice in branches of the Credit Union, or as otherwise permitted by law.
* The Credit Union has the right to terminate this agreement at any time.
* You may terminate this agreement by written notice to the Credit Union.
* The Credit Union is not responsible for any fixed payment made before the Credit Union has a reasonable opportunity to act on your termination notice.
* You remain obligated for any payments made by the Credit Union on your behalf.
This Agreement constitutes the complete and exclusive agreement between you and us related to the Service. Any other agreement or disclosure with respect to your Accounts and/or fees for the services made by or with your Credit Union is separate and distinct from this Agreement.
No delay or omission by us in exercising any rights or remedies hereunder shall impair such right or remedy or be construed as a waiver of any such right or remedy. Any single or partial exercise of a right or remedy by us shall not preclude us from further exercise or the exercise of any other right or remedy. No waiver shall be valid unless in writing and signed by us.
You may not assign this Agreement to any other party .We may assign this Agreement or delegate any or all of our rights and responsibilities under this Agreement to any third parties.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Commonwealth of Massachusetts without regard to that state's conflict of law provisions.
If any provision of this Agreement is determined to be void or invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
The fee for the My CU Bill Payer service, with unlimited number of monthly payments is:
* First 6 months - FREE OF CHARGE (Introductory Offer)
* Thereafter, $5.00 per month
* Insufficient Funds Returned Item, $25.00 per transaction
Miscellaneous Product Fees
* Overnight Fee: $14.95
* 2nd Day Fee: $9.95 Standard or $4.95 Economy
* Charitable Donations: $1.99
* Gift Pay: $2.99
back to top
back to Disclosures